Tuesday 1 September 2009

Borgore Questions - ANSWERED!

After a month or so of letting the questions develop, we've amassed a total of 10 questions and I'm basing the slightly low number on this being a new blog. Hopefully as this develops, more and more people will ask questions :)

Here's the first lot; asked by you, answered by a true dubhead Borgore:


1) What's the most important piece of equipment to you, that you use?

    I'd say my Roland TD20 drum kit, helps me get some drumming ideas for my tunes, keep them on the metal side.

2) Do you manage the lowest frequencies in your project studio or it´s sound engineer´s work?

    I'm doing everything by myself (mix, though my mastering involves only 12 on the master I'd say mastering as well ha ), I own a big ass sub monitor that helps me keep of track on my lows.

3) What's your favourite type of biscuit and aftershave?

    It's hard in Israel, it's hella humid so I like the Gillette roll on one, pretty damn powerful... and as far as biscuit umm lets change it to choclate bar and it's sneakers.

4) Whats your biggest influence in:

  • Hiphop - Dr.Dre , Ludacris , Neptunes , Kanye , Snoop , all the big ass producers from the U.S period, they took underground to mainstream, quite what I'm trying 2 do.
  • Metal - I'd say Deftones but damn, what about Death Sepultura, At The Gates, Lamb of God and like a milion more!

Electronic music:

  • Techno - Mr Oizo
  • DnB - DJ Hype, Dubplate Killaz Mixtape
  • Breakcore - Alec Empire, The Destroyer

I love Jump up #@$@#

  • Dubstep - It changes non stop but well I started with Benga, Rusko. Then I was looking for more radical stuff and found out about Bar 9 who were the biggest influence in making Guided (Guided Relaxation Dub) and the stuff coming out after it. Now there are so many talented rookies that I try to take somting from everyone :D.

5) How soon your LP will be?

I'm selling this sort of LP/CD at my shows , its the Shift Recordings release plus 5 more tunzes but its nothing formal ha! Dubstep is more of EP/Singles genre isnit?

6) What is in your player now?

Lyptical - Hit Me

7) Who is your favourite dubstep producer?

Well again, I'd say that when I started Benga, Rusko, Reso etc. were like the most amazing for me but now these guys are going more mainstream (where the money is) and I dont blame them. So these days, I like rinsing Tomba, 16 Bit, DatsiK, Cookie Monstera and Mr Curtamos etc...

8) Who would you call the "ambassador" of dub?

Well, if ambassador means the dude who exposes our style to the biggest population then I'd say T2, Crookz, Chase and Status, Diplo, even Wiley and Dizzy are ambassadors for dub. I can say that I've got a lot of non-dubstep loving fans because my music is more dynamic and has lyrics to it quite a lot, still aint the ambassador though, probably the assistant ha!

9) How did you first get into producing dubstep

Heard Benga in a Dubstep haters bar by mistake and thought damn that's much better than either Trance or DnB, this shit is the shit!

10) What program do you mostly use?

I'm on Cubase, I use Native Instrument's Massive mostly as a synth VST, Battery as the sampler and now I've just got my SSL DSP FX , damn!!!

Thank you all for asking these questions, but thanks a lot to Borgore for taking the time to answer these questions!

1 comment: